Sketching William sketches of a scruffy hound - and sometimes I add a little orange terror called Hamish

The sketches....... often a quick pen outline ~ sometimes a photo and work from that.

I draw what he gets up to, no matter how the finished drawing looks. I hope you enjoy seeing them......ann

I'M NOW DOING 'LOOKING BACK' POSTS HERE, KEEPING WILLIAM'S MEMORY ALIVE ❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 20, 2022

Beeeee!

Another one of my early sketches of William online.  I had been sketching him for about 4 years Before I added them 'online' but didn't keep them (they were so bad 🤣) - even with the online ones: some of them make me cringe now, they were so 'basic', but isn't that the curse of an artist, we are our worst critics! ;)    

I so remember this 'Beegate incident', (again a sketch that takes me back / so true that sketches and paintings are memories that take you back to the moment, somehow photographs don't hold that magic).  With this, William watching a Bee that decided to buzz around him.  He couldn't make it out, but watched....I did wonder what was going through his mind at the time 🐝



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Ann you are far too critical of yourself! Your "basic" sketches were wonderful.
    William was probably thinking it should buzz off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one is definitely not bad! The way to get better is to keep at it; I give up too easily! I'm glad you kept going.

    ReplyDelete