About Sketching William.......

About these sketches....I have various techniques for capturing William. Apart from quick pen outlines to remind me of his pose, I will take a photo and work from that. When he stands still long enough, I'll do a complete sketch en plein air ~ All the drawings are things he has done and been up to, good or naughty, all forming a permanent reminder of those little things in life that makes having him so worthwhile. I admit not all the drawings are complete or perfect in any way, but when I originally set out to capture him, I decided they would be fun and to get too hung up on perfection would take away that fun. I hope you enjoy seeing them......ann
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

8 Aug 2013

Silhouette lad on the beach..



with New Toy, of course!









18 comments:

  1. Love it. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is a very nice sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done. Question.. when does the NEW toy become the OLD toy? ;) We never name the toys only calling the newest one new and some how she always knows when one was the newest of all her toys thus the NEW toy. boggles my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually do that too, but with this toy it seems to have stuck as New Toy. Even when it is very old, or in bits it will be known as New Toy. We will look back one day and say 'do you remember New Toy?' - it has it's place in history already, lol :)

      Delete
  4. This is a wonderful sketch. :). So much joy in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, he is always happy playing on the beach :)

      Delete
  5. Still unmistakeably William :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen - Unmistakable that's for sure! lol

      Delete
  6. Can it be any better for William? I don't think so! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D (too exhausted to make a coherent comment.)

    ReplyDelete