About Sketching William.......

About these sketches....I have various techniques for capturing William. Apart from quick pen outlines to remind me of his pose, I will take a photo and work from that. When he stands still long enough, I'll do a complete sketch en plein air ~ All the drawings are things he has done and been up to, good or naughty, all forming a permanent reminder of those little things in life that makes having him so worthwhile. I admit not all the drawings are complete or perfect in any way, but when I originally set out to capture him, I decided they would be fun and to get too hung up on perfection would take away that fun. I hope you enjoy seeing them......ann
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 Sep 2016

A little out of the ordinary

William was gazing out the window, probably thinking about the next walk or when dinner would be.  With the light catching him and the shadow, lucky I had my charcoal and pastels to hand, this was the result....









10 comments:

  1. Aww that's nice. Good to catch him while he's daydreaming too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love working in charcoal and pastels ... messy and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very messy, thought it was just me, lol :)

      Delete
  3. a whole different feel!
    not as refined. but lovely.
    no matter the medium you always capture his mood.
    amazing really. and you've got the sunlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy, it was a spontaneous mess, glad you like it :)

      Delete
  4. As always, perfectly captured - And I'm sure that's exactly what he was dreaming about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY messy! But wonderful results. ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, one of those 'out of the box' moments as they call them ;)

      Delete

If you are short of time I have added a LIKE BUTTON for you ....Your Comments are always best though ;) ann ❤