Sketching William sketches of a scruffy hound - and sometimes I add a little orange terror called Hamish

The sketches....... often a quick pen outline ~ sometimes a photo and work from that.

I draw what he gets up to, no matter how the finished drawing looks. I hope you enjoy seeing them......ann

I'M NOW DOING 'LOOKING BACK' POSTS HERE, KEEPING WILLIAM'S MEMORY ALIVE ❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, February 26, 2015

William in outline

I've been asked recently how I go about drawing William...so today he is happy for me to show you
him in basic Outline.   I got him to Stand and wait for me to do this basic sketch...he got a biscuit, that was the bribe, lol.

This is in Pen so you can see it clearly, 
but keep in mind I actually start them in Pencil.
Once the outline is done I then go over
with looser pencil marks for his coat,
 then in Ink. 
I like to use a Lamy Vista (my favoured choice at the moment)
then with a brush of clear water I move the ink around which
colours in his body.




6 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of the sketch. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16 lines=William. I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fascinating!
    what amazes me always are the 'expressions' you get. with such beautifully simple lines. i love simplicity in all things anyway.
    but i can SEE him thinking!
    or feel his happiness and excitement ...
    or his sadness ... when dad or hamish go away ... and i could go on and on! i love your work.

    ReplyDelete